1. SDN 2 IKIP Yogyakarta, tahun 1987
2. SMPN 8 Yogyakarta, tahun 1990
3. SMAN 1 Yogyakarta (Ilmu Fisik), tahun 1993 4. Sarjana Biologi, UGM Yogyakarta, tahun 1998
5. Master of Science, Flinders University Adelaide, tahun 2005 6. Doktor rerum naturalium, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, tahun 2011
1. Graduate fellowship for young academics and scientists of all disciplines by the German Agency for Academic Exchange (DAAD) for a degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Doktor rerum naturalium). April 2007 - August 2010.
2. Australian Development Scholarship by the Government of Australia (AusAID), for the degree of Master of Science (by research). January 2002 - December 2004. 3. Asian Scholarship Program by the New York Turtle and Tortoise Society (NYTTS), for an internship in The Wetlands Institute, Stone Harbor, New Jersey, USA. May - August 2001.
1. Evolution 2010. Portland State University, Oregon, USA. June, 25th-29th 2010. Poster presentation: Phylogeography of the Komodo dragon
2. Southeast Asian Gateway Evolution (SAGE). Royal Holloway College of London, London, United Kingdom. September, 14th-17th 2009. Oral presentation: Phylogenetic relationships among populations of the Komodo monitor (Varanus komodoensis) 3. Biodiversity Hotspots. Musée Nationale d’Histoire Naturelle de Luxembourg, Luxembourg. April, 2009. Poster presentation: Intraspecific phylogeny of the Komodo monitor (Varanus komodoensis). 4. Applied Phylogenetics workshop, held by Phylogenetics Research Group of the University of California at Davis. Bodega, California, USA. March, 7th-14th 2009 (participant) 5. Island Biogeography. Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. February, 11th-13th 2009. Poster presentation: Intraspecific phylogeny of the Komodo monitor (Varanus komodoensis) 6. Systematics 2008. Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen, Germany. April, 7th-11th 2008. Oral presentation: Genetic divergence and gene flow among Komodo dragons: measuring genetic drift for small island populations of a large, endangered reptile 7. 6th International Zoo and Wildlife Research Conference, Berlin, Germany. October, 2007. Poster presentation: Refuge selection in the Gidgee Skink (Egernia stokesii): Do lizards stick to old tradition? 8. Australian Society for the Study of Animal Behaviour meeting, Adelaide, Australia. July, 2004. (attending) 9. Australian Society of Herpetologists meeting, Mary River Park, NT, Australia. December, 2003. Oral presentation: The Feng-shui of Egernia stokesii 10. Australian Society of Herpetologists meeting, Birrigai, ACT, Australia. July, 2002. Poster presentation: Is the harvesting of Pig-nosed turtle (Carettochelys insculpta) sustainable?